At Nexus, part of French IN Groupe, we secure the new society that emerges in the ever-expanding world of digital transformation. By challenging ourselves to go further and do better, we’re developing technology for high-demand global clients. Nexus’ Smart ID solutions and IoT platforms are changing how we perceive trusted identities. Do you want to be a part of our journey?
Fabian Ochs, our Development Director, is looking to strengthen the team with an experienced leader within software development, to take on the very honorary task of leading our Identity Manager Credentials team.
What we offer you
- Engage and challenge the team with agile leadership to constantly improve our ways of working. Become a leader in security thinking by taking part in our security group and hack days.
- Be part of a product company within the fire-hot fields of Identity management, Zero-trust, and PKI-enabled devices. Participate in creating the Nexus engineering framework with your ideas.
- Take ownership of a team of very skilled and engaged engineers, with great product knowledge and commitment to our customers. Drive experiments with your team and try out new concepts, gather data, analyze, and make high-impact decisions.
What you’ll do at Nexus
As an Engineering Manager at Nexus, you will be responsible for part of the IDM product development. You will lead the team with an agile development approach and drive improvements to build the foundation of Nexus's success. The team is responsible for the heart of our application taking care of our PKI logic and using the latest encryption technologies available.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Your prime objective will be to be a great leader for a great team. This includes day-to-day sessions like stand-ups, supporting the team, and making sure they have the right foundation to deliver during the sprints and with other tasks.
- You will be a problem solver within and outside your team.
- You will be responsible for all people management tasks, this includes continuous dialog with the team members in 1-on-1s and performance reviews.
- You will do recruitment, coaching, and coordination for the team. At the same time, at Nexus we believe in collaboration and you will always have support from the organization.
- You will collaborate with your peers for alignments and improvement (other HETs, Directors). This will go hand in hand with supporting our PO in succeeding with your SotA product development team.
Some of our Tech Stack: Java, Spring, Activiti, Gradle, REST, Docker, Kubernetes, Angular
Some of our Tools: GIT, Jira, Confluence, SonarQube, Azure DevOps Pipelines, Selenium
- You are passionate about development as a craft. You are persistent and driven to always work toward best practices, take pride in the solution you and your team provide for customers, and stay open-minded to new ways of working.
- You know how to analyze, plan, organize, and prioritize work effectively. You ensure that hand-offs are correct and take pride in accuracy and precision.
- You work well with other people and relate to them in a responsive and smooth way. You understand the importance of listening, communicating, and resolving conflicts in a constructive way.
- You take responsibility for your work and independently structure the approach and drive processes and projects with minimal guidance, but you also know how to lead, motivate, and empower others with the capacity necessary to effectively achieve common goals.
- You embrace your strong networking and building relationships skills.
- You possess a degree in computer science or comparable relevant experience.
- You are experienced in Agile practices (Scrum, Kanban, or scaled comparable frameworks).
- You have relevant management experience and accountability leading with full people responsibility.
- You have a working proficiency level in German and English.
- You have a strong interest in security-related development, DevSecOps, or PKI, have some experience, or are willing to learn.
Not sure you meet 100% of the qualifications?
At Nexus, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
About your CV and the Process
You will not be asked to do a two-day assignment as a skill assessment, we do real-time tech interviews together with the team and we do not require you to apply with a resume/CV. Who has an updated resume anyway?
Nexus is an equal opportunity employer. We truly believe in being ONE Nexus. You are welcomed at Nexus for who you are, no matter where you come from or what you look like. Our technology is for everyone, and so is our workplace. So, bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background to thrive, collaborate, and be forward-thinking! It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep innovating the way we secure the world.