At Nexus, part of French IN Groupe, we secure the new society that emerges in the ever-expanding world of digital transformation. By challenging ourselves to go further and do better, we’re developing technology for high-demand global clients. Nexus’ Smart ID solutions and IoT platforms are changing how we perceive trusted identities. Do you want to be a part of our journey?
Henrik Hjelm, our Development Director, is looking to strengthen the team with an experienced leader within software development, to take on the very honorary task of leading our Client team.
Even though PKI has been around for decades, only quite recently is the market really starting to understand the need for it. Trusted digital identities are becoming essential, and our Client team is responsible for solutions that offer virtual smart cards; trusted digital identities hosted in secure applications for desktop or mobile devices. These identities can be used for out-of-band authentication to digital resources (such as Office 365 or other apps), digital signing, email encryption, and visual identification.
What we offer you
- Be part of a product company within the fire-hot fields of Identity management, Zero-trust, and PKI-enabled devices.
- Take ownership of a team of very skilled and engaged engineers, with great product knowledge and commitment to our customers.
- Be part of an R&D-heavy, spotlighted team, where we see enormous potential both at Nexus and within the group, with a lot of cool user cases and new feature opportunities around every corner.
What you’ll do at Nexus
As an engineer manager at Nexus, you will take care of a team of 8-10 engineers, both Developers, and QA.
- Your prime objective will be to be a great leader for a great team. This includes day-to-day sessions like stand-ups, supporting the team, and making sure they have the right foundation to deliver during the sprints and with other tasks.
- You will be a problem solver within and outside your team.
- You will be responsible for all people management tasks, this includes continuous dialog with the team members in 1-on-1s and performance reviews.
- You will do recruitment, coaching, and coordination for the team. At the same time, at Nexus we believe in collaboration and you will always have support from the organization.
- You will take part in the hands-on work as well. This part depends on who you are. We are a company in transformation, and you will be able to contribute to many different areas. This could be as a mobile application developer, agile coach, or DevOps engineer. Your profile and passions will guide this part.
Some of our Tools: Azure DevOps, Jira, Confluence, GIT, CMake, Selenium.
Platforms and concepts: Windows, Linux, macOS, Cryptography, PKI, REST/HTTP, TLS.
- You are passionate about development as a craft. You are persistent and driven to always work toward best practices, take pride in the solution you and your team provide for customers, and stay open-minded to new ways of working.
- You know how to plan, organize, and prioritize work effectively. You ensure that hand-offs are correct and take pride in accuracy and precision.
- You work well with other people and relate to them in a responsive and smooth way. You understand the importance of listening, communicating, and resolving conflicts in a constructive way.
- You take responsibility for your work and independently structure the approach and drive processes and projects with minimal guidance, but you also know how to lead, motivate, and empower others with the capacity necessary to effectively achieve common goals.
- You embrace your strong networking and building relationships skills.
- A solid background in software development.
- Relevant manager experience and accountability leading with full people responsibility.
- You have a working proficiency level in English.
- Based on where we are going, it would be great if you have experience in areas such as microservice architecture, Docker / K8S, or cloud solutions/platforms.
- Experience in security-related development, DevSecOps, or PKI, it’s a big plus, but not a dealbreaker.
Not sure you meet 100% of the qualifications?
At Nexus, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
About your CV and the Process
You will not be asked to do a two-day assignment as a skill assessment, we do real-time tech interviews together with the team and we do not require you to apply with a resume/CV. Who has an updated resume anyway?
Transparency, security, and trust are the core of our company; therefore, the final candidate will be subjected to a background check before training.
Nexus is an equal opportunity employer. We truly believe in being ONE Nexus. You are welcomed at Nexus for who you are, no matter where you come from or what you look like. Our technology is for everyone, and so is our workplace. So, bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background to thrive, collaborate, and be forward-thinking! It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep innovating the way we secure the world.