At Nexus, we secure the new society that emerges in the ever-expanding world of digital transformation. By constantly challenging ourselves to go further and do better, we’re developing cutting-edge technology for high demanding global clients. Nexus’ Smart ID solutions and IoT platforms are revolutionizing how we perceive trusted identities. Do you want to be a part of our journey?
Nexus, a part of the French IN Groupe, is a European leader and innovative identity management company. We secure society by enabling trusted identities for people and things. With 300 employees, some would consider us a smaller company, but we have the privilege to protect the workforce and IoT solutions for world- class customers.
Pamela Kiewitt, our Head of Technical Support, is looking to strengthen the team with a talented Support engineer, to join our office in Ettlingen (near Karlsruhe) or in Berlin. If you thrive in tech and in an international environment this might be the right opportunity for you.
What you will be doing at Nexus
The Support engineer is a complex and important role at Nexus. This is no 'turn it off and on again' type of support- our cases are usually very complex and require excellent knowledge of the product and of anything/everything around it- networking, databases, containers, certificates, etc.
The role in a nutshell:
- Take ownership of support tickets, answer timely and deliver quality solutions in a professional manner.
- Act as an advisor when customers/partners need guidance on products and their use/application.
- Be able to help troubleshoot issues directly via web meetings.
- Be able to understand not only the actual problem but also the history of the customer, and see patterns/common points throughout the support history.
- Try to work proactively to improve the customer experience with our products and services.
- Have a close relationship with Engineering and Sales so customer questions or requests can be directed accordingly.
- Give constant feedback to the organization where there are possible improvements/enhancements.
- Understand the practical use of our products in real life, and their advantages and shortcomings.
- Create a long lasting relationship with our customers and partners.
- Represent Nexus to the world.
To thrive in this role, you should be customer focused and solutions oriented. You like solving complex problems; taking a new perspective on existing solutions and collaborating with relevant stakeholders on solving issues.
You have an engineering or IT background and ideally worked with technical support before.
You are confident in your networking skills and are not afraid of containers.
If you have experience with PKI, IT Security that’s great. Mostly because then you should already have an idea how cool the concepts are. If not, we will show you!
We are looking for someone who is open minded and flexible, who can take ownership and work independently as well as collaborate with colleagues!
Lastly, you will support a lot of German customers, and being unhindered in German (at least C2 level) is a must! We are also a international player and you need to be reasonable comfortable in English as well.
Life at Nexus
At Nexus, we do things together as a team, collaboration is key. We never assume and do our best to be open minded, to listen, to understand. We value initiatives to get things out and take ownership. “Own it!” is always in our mindset. We always seek constant improvement. We all help each other to build new skills and best practices through the diversity of our backgrounds and opinions – while having a lot of fun in the process.